Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 1 of 30 Days

Today i rode my Velo for the first time in a couple of weeks. It was also the start of 30 days of Cycling that I signed up to do for April. No matter how I feel, no matter the weather. I will cycle everyday this month. I will post a photo and the stats. Last yearI really enjoyed this commitment. It was a highlight for 2011. I hope this year will prove to be better because I have a new Velo to get used to and because I am so out of shape from medical issues this past winter.

No more excuses here goes:


Today was a shake down ride, had some chain rubbing from one of the chain covers on the inside, it sort of irritated me for most of the ride; I stopped a couple of times to adjust it and it got a bit better but not until I got home and removed both did it go away. I have to get the covers just so or I get rubbing. I certainly need to lose the weight I gained over the last couple of months, but even then I notice my speed is better than last year. Not in the 30's like others but definitely pleased.

I felt poorly all day, and if it was not that I made a commitment to myself, I would have stayed in. It, as always, turned out to be a great day for a ride. It's amazing how much we do or don't do is all mental, what we decide to do. We really can do more if we make the choice just to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment